Friday, April 23, 2010

Two days in a row



So today I can't complain about how all I've done is work.. because I haven't done any. Instead, I tried to go get my permit. I'm kind of a year late on the whole driving thing for no reason other than that I didn't want it. Apparently, this is a growing trend among teenagers. For the first time since, I don't remember the exact date, but at least twenty years ago, fewer teenagers are getting their permits. Why? Well, partially because, in recent years of the economic downturns perhaps fewer people have access to cars. But more than that, it's a combo platter of parents who drive us everywhere and public transport. I live in a place with good public transportation - buses and subways get me pretty much anywhere I want to go. So for me what's the point? I mean what would I get out of this other than being able to drive my siblings to soccer practice? There's really only one or two people my age I know, who drive on a regular basis.

I didn't get my permit today because there were too many permit tests going on. Which sort of refutes everything I just said. But when I do get my permit... if I get around to it, I wonder how much I'll actually drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment